Let us be your guide and travel with us along the eastern shoreline of Halifax Harbour!
From your local accommodator or cruise dock, we'll tour through historic Halifax and cross over the harbour on the MacDonald Bridge (Halifax's oldest suspension bridge) to Dartmouth.
We'll travel along the eastern shoreline of Halifax Harbour and head to Eastern Passage and Fisherman's Cove, Halifax's last remaining fishing port. We'll visit the Henneberry Museum and learn about the history of the area including the story of the C.S.S. Tallahassee commercial raider and its relationship/involvement with Halifax.
Leaving Eastern Passage, we'll travel on the "Marine Drive", a roadway which will take us along the eastern shoreline past stunning headlands, one of the world's premier winter surfing beaches, salt marshes, and Acadian architecture
We'll drive to the village of Musquodoboit Harbour to visit to the Fisherman's Life Museum. This will be an introduction to the realities of earning a living on this harsh and unforgiving landscape of the "Eastern Shore" of Nova Scotia.
A short drive to Lake Charlotte will take us to your Clam Digging Adventure at Memory Lane Heritage Village, during which, you will have a 'hand's on' Nova Scotia experience!
You can learn:
- All about clams and their habitat;
- How to successfully harvest them;
- The changes in the industry over the years;
- How to cook and eat your catch - part of your cookhouse "chow" lunch!
Your personal, private tour includes:
- Complete transportation from/back to your hotel with a professional driver/guide;
- A professionally guided clam digging excursion;
- Use of necessary digging tools, water shoes and rubber boots;
- Lunch as noted;
- All required admission fees;
- All bridge tolls and other required fees.
Nova Scotia Van Tours requires a minimum of four persons with a maximum capacity of six persons for this tour. Please note that clam digging is subject to both the incoming and outgoing tide.
The private, pre-booked Salty Sea Adventure Tour will take approximately 7.0 hours (+/-) and is fully narrated by your driver/guide.